Saturday, November 23, 2013

Catching Fire

Today, I saw the latest installment in The Hunger Games trilogy...and oh, my. The last movie I can remember actually crying at was Captain Phillips. This movie made me want to cry at 4 different scenes! It's emotionally crazy but oh so very good! I would definitely say this topped the first one. What sucks is the fact that this is going to be a saga and book 3 will be broken into 2 movies. Jennifer Lawrence is an amazing actor. She does an outstanding job, as always, as Katniss. It's been about 5 years since I read Catching Fire so I can't really say how well it did compared to the book, but I do know if you're a fan of The Hunger Games, chances are you'll enjoy this movie. CRAZY.

Peeta, I never really liked him. I think it was more based on actor choice, but he grew on me in this movie and I kind of liked Gale less. I don't know. Maybe it was just my mood. All that is completely irrelevant. Haymitch...I love him. He's classy.

The thing I like about these movies is that the colors chosen are normally bright. And bright movies are normally more energetic and fun and they don't leave a depressing feel. Which is awesome, because sometimes I feel like I should be more depressed after watching people slaughter each other...

Any way, really good movie. It's definitely going to be the top movie with box office sales. I don't think many fans will be disappointed at all. I would give this movie 4.7 out of 5 stars. It was just that good. It also is a movie that's long, but you don't feel it...if that made any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment